Hoover Mudflats Boardwalk is part of the Hoover Nature Preserve operated by the Columbus Parks and Recreation Department. It is one of the best birding sites in central Ohio. In the fall the city lowers the water level in Hoover Reservoir, so it’s more hospitable to migrating shore birds. The area around the boardwalk is also used for fishing and launching kayaks, and I’ve seen crew teams training here. Beyond that, the site is just lovely.
- Ohio Turkey Hunting Season – Spring 2013
- Did you know that Ohio has a floating island filled with carnivorous plants in the middle of Buckeye Lake? June 15th, the Greater Buckeye Lake Historical Society and Museum is hosting their annual Cranberry Bog Day with boat tours (small fee) visiting the island. See our write-up from last year's visit here.
- Summer Solstice Events in Ohio – 2013
- 2013 Photo contests
Where is Ohio?
Nice to Know
Trek Ohio Authors
- Bob Platt
- Deb Platt
- Lakeside Daisy State Nature Preserve
- Gallagher Fen State Nature Preserve
- Glen Helen Nature Preserve
- April Wildflowers at Fort Hill
- Butterflies that Punctuate: The Eastern Comma and the Question Mark
- Lake Katharine State Nature Preserve
- April Wildflowers at Lake Katharine State Nature Preserve
- Common Spring Wildflowers in Ohio