Thayer Ridge Park features a picnic area (without restrooms), a frisbee disc golf course, and some multi-use, dirt trails going through woodland and meadows. The trails are open to horseback riders, mountain bikers and hikers. I have hiked there twice (in April and in August); in my opinion the trails are probably best suited for those on horseback. On each of my two visits it was clear that the trails were being used regularly by riders. Here’s why I think the trail conditions are less than ideal for hikers.
Where is Ohio?
Nice to Know
Trek Ohio Authors
- Bob Platt
- Deb Platt
- The Boardwalk at Maumee Bay
- Mountain Laurel in Bloom at Shallenberger
- One-flowered broomrape: our fourth plant without chlorophyll
- Magee Marsh Wildlife Area
- Beginning Birder at the “Biggest Week in American Birding”
- Lakeside Daisy State Nature Preserve
- Gallagher Fen State Nature Preserve
- Glen Helen Nature Preserve