The following list of parks and preserves includes those managed by federal, state, county, and non-governmental agencies (such as the National Audubon Society, the Nature Conservancy, various historical societies, etc.).
We have tried to collect information on the activities and facilities available at various parks, but things may change without us knowing about it. So please double-check the information at the official site (click on the park’s name to go there).
- Indian Lake (State Park)
- 12774 S.R. 235 N, Lakeview, OH 43331
- Trail map
- Park size: Lake: 5,800 acres Park: 800 acres
- Total trail length: 7 miles
- Dog friendly (Not on beaches)
- Fishing (check the official site to see if there are any restrictions)
- Hunting when in season with license. Please visit park web site for details.
- At least some parts are handicap accessible
- Camp sites
- Cross country ski trails
- Boating, swimming (2 beaches – 1,400 ft total), nature center, snowmobiling
- Campground Map
- Park Map for Indian Lake
- McCracken Fen (State Nature Preserve)
- Park size: 94 acres
- See this blog post for more info. Author enumerates hazards of site. Permit no longer required.
- Ohio Caverns (Private Cavern)
- 2210 East State Route 245 West Liberty, Ohio 43357
- TrekOhio photos and descriptions of Ohio Caverns
- Owens / Liberty Fen (State Nature Preserve)
- Park size: 18 acres
- Permit required
- Contact Ohio Dept. of Natural Resources for a PERMIT and preserve information
- Zane Shawnee Cavern (Private Caverns and Native American Museum)
- 7092 St. RT. 540 Bellefontaine, Ohio 43311
- Cavern operated by Shawnee Nation URB
Last Update: 2017-07-24 16:32:02
© Deborah Platt, Robert Platt and TrekOhio.com 2012 to 2021