The following list of parks and preserves includes those managed by federal, state, county, and non-governmental agencies (such as the National Audubon Society, the Nature Conservancy, various historical societies, etc.).
We have tried to collect information on the activities and facilities available at various parks, but things may change without us knowing about it. So please double-check the information at the official site (click on the park’s name to go there).
- Garden of the Senses (City Park)
- Location: In downtown Van Wert – The Garden of the Senses can be viewed on Main Street just east of Balyeat’s Coffee Shop.
- Municipal garden
- Hiestand Woods (County Park)
- Location: Hiestand Woods is located on Hospital Drive, just east of the Van Wert County Hospital parking lot.
- Total trail length: 0.7 Miles
- Reservoir Recreation Area (City Park)
- Location: Located at the Van Wert City Reservoirs on South Washington Street behind the Van Wert County Hospital
- Total trail length: 2.7 miles
- Fishing (check the official site to see if there are any restrictions)
Last Update: 2017-07-24 16:32:02