It was a beautiful day, and I decided to visit one of Ohio’s Nature Preserves that I had never been to before. I settled on Seymour Woods (see map). This nature preserve is named after the man who gave the property to the state in 1972, James O. Seymour. If you take the path the goes straight from the entrance, you end up at his family’s cabin.
- Ohio Turkey Hunting Season – Spring 2013
- Did you know that Ohio has a floating island filled with carnivorous plants in the middle of Buckeye Lake? June 15th, the Greater Buckeye Lake Historical Society and Museum is hosting their annual Cranberry Bog Day with boat tours (small fee) visiting the island. See our write-up from last year's visit here.
- Summer Solstice Events in Ohio – 2013
- 2013 Photo contests
Where is Ohio?
Nice to Know
Trek Ohio Authors
- Bob Platt
- Deb Platt
- Lakeside Daisy State Nature Preserve
- Gallagher Fen State Nature Preserve
- Glen Helen Nature Preserve
- April Wildflowers at Fort Hill
- Butterflies that Punctuate: The Eastern Comma and the Question Mark
- Lake Katharine State Nature Preserve
- April Wildflowers at Lake Katharine State Nature Preserve
- Common Spring Wildflowers in Ohio