The following list of parks and preserves includes those managed by federal, state, county, and non-governmental agencies (such as the National Audubon Society, the Nature Conservancy, various historical societies, etc.).
We have tried to collect information on the activities and facilities available at various parks, but things may change without us knowing about it. So please double-check the information at the official site (click on the park’s name to go there).
- Big Darby Headwaters Nature Preserve (Nature Conservancy)
- Location: From Columbus, take US 33 West to the S.R. 287 exit (2nd Honda Parkway exit). Turn left off the ramp and drive approximately 0.3 miles. Turn right onto S.R. 287 and drive approximately 2.5 miles. Follow S.R. 287 by making a left—hand turn at the Middleburg sign and drive approximately 1 mile. Turn right onto Township Road 227. In approximately .2 miles Township Road 227 merges with County Road 152. Continue on County Road 152 for another 0.1 miles until you see a sign for Big Darby Headwaters Nature Preserve on your right.
- Park size: 800 acres
- At least some parts are handicap accessible
- Glacier Ridge (Metro Park)
- Milford Center Prairie (State Nature Preserve)
- Google Maps suggests that the approximate address is 22390 Connor Rd., Milford Center, OH 43045
- GPS coordinates: N40.157818,W83.457245
- Location: Located in Union County, 2.5 miles south of Milford Center along SR 4; proceed west on Connor Road less than .5 mile to the powerline right–of–way. Park in the right–of–way just off Connor Road and follow the mowed right-of-way path south across Treacle Creek.
- Park size: 7 acres
- Total trail length: 1.5 miles
- Location on Google Maps
- TrekOhio photos and descriptions of Milford Center Prairie
Last Update: 2017-09-24 00:44:13