Liberty Park is a 1,908 acre park in Summit County. It features three trails totaling 3.3 miles, several sports fields, a half-acre dog park, and rest rooms. Summit Metro Parks plans to add a nature center in the future.
- Rendezvous at the Rock is being held at the Leo Petroglyph State Memorial on Saturday, April 26th from 10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. The event features live entertainment, demonstrations, nature walks, crafts and games for children, atlatl throwing, food and drink. There will also be booths with goods for sale. Leo Petroglyph is in Jackson County (check out our post on the park). If you were wondering what an atlatl is, we describe our experience with it in this post.
- Upcoming maple syrup events at Ohio parks - Many of these events are completed, but a few continue to take place in April.
- Lakeside Daisy Preserve Open House -- Saturday, May 10th -- 1:00 – 5:00 PM. This preserve is located in Ottawa County. If you'd like to see what the preserve is like when this rare flower is in bloom, check out our post from last year.
- Ohio Turkey Hunting Seasons 2013 – 2014
- Trout Stocking Dates for 2014
- The "Biggest Week in American Birding" - May 6-15, 2014. Here's a write-up of our trip to this event last year. Make your reservations early for this very popular event.
- Ohio Outdoor Activities and Events by Season - lists general things to do at Ohio's parks and preserves throughout the year.
Subscribe via Email
- Hocking Hills IQ Quiz – Can You Identify These Landmarks?
- Liberty Park: Ledges Trail
- Hazards of the Ohio Outdoors: Part 2
- Hazards of the Ohio Outdoors: Part 1
- Cascade Valley South Metro Park